A firm favourite in our household…..
Rapeseed oil for greasing the loaf tin
100g caster sugar
160g wholemeal self-raising flour
200g self-raising flour
1 large egg
125ml semi skimmed milk
50g olive margarine, melted
3 ripe bananas, peeled
1. Preheat the oven 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease a 1kg loaf tin with oil.
2. Put all ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix to combine but don’t over mix.
3. Transfer to your loaf tin.
4. Bake for an hour.
5. Test with a skewer. If there is mixture on the skewer bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and turn on to a cooling rack. Serve warm, in slices.